FURNITURE PICK-UP AND REMOVAL
FOR THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
Ask the average person what the worst thing about moving is. They’ll respond with a laundry list of different grievances.
Moving is laborious, stressful, time-consuming, and simply unpleasant. Then add in elements like a high-traffic location and several flights of stairs. The result is a real nightmare situation.
One of the worst aspects of moving is dealing with furniture. It’s a challenge because furniture items are usually the biggest and bulkiest belongings in a home.
Unfortunately, some turn to dumping old furniture illegally. Illegal furniture disposal is not only dangerous, but unsightly as well.
At Fast Haul we provide an easy solution to your furniture removal needs. We take care of the pick-up, then dispose of any unwanted furniture you have, regardless of size.
Unlike other furniture removal services, Fast Haul is committed to conducting business in the most environmentally friendly way possible. That means we go the extra mile to ensure your junk stays out of the landfill.
Some furniture disposal companies claim they recycle and donate the old furniture they pick-up. However, they usually end up junking it all in the landfill to save a couple bucks.
If your old furniture is in good condition, we will donate it and then provide you with a tax-deductible receipt in the process. Should the furniture not meet the standards for donations, we try and transport it to a reputable recycler who will disassemble the items for dismantling and sorting. Sending furniture to the landfill is the last resort.
The Consequences of Illegal Dumping
According to San Francisco Public Works, the negative effects of illegal dumping (often in the form of old furniture) are significant:
- Makes neighborhoods look unsightly
- Attracts graffiti and other types of vandalism
- Encourages more litter and other bulky item dumping
- Is very costly to the taxpayer and wastes other community resources
- Presents a safety hazard by obstructing pedestrians, bicyclists and motorists
- Attracts vermin, bacteria and mold
Bulky Item Pick-Ups
In San Francisco and many other Bay Area municipalities, residents qualify for 1 or 2 free “bulky item” pickups per year. This is a great way to conveniently dispose of old furniture, but it does have drawbacks:
- Bulky item pickups usually require several days or more of advance scheduling
- Usually only one item of furniture (or a single appliance) is eligible for removal per pickup.
- Items go directly to the landfill – No option to try and donate or recycle.
Contact Fast Haul today for a faster, more convenient, and often more environmentally-friendly option for your furniture disposal.
OUR HAULING SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Junk hauling
- Trash removal
- Basement junk removal
- Yard waste hauling
- Furniture removal
- Delivery & Moving services
- Electronic waste hauling
- Trash Truck Services
- Appliance removal & hauling (all types)
- Furniture removal & hauling (any size)
- Mattresses & sofa hauling
- Office furniture, cubicles & equipment hauling
- Hot tub & spa removal & hauling
- Swimming pool removal & hauling
- Large equipment hauling
- Yard waste hauling & cleanup
- Earthquake damage clean up & hauling
- Fire damage clean up & hauling
- Flood damage clean up & hauling
- Dirt & concrete removal & hauling
- Swimming pool removal
- Concrete breakup & hauling
- Excavation & dirt hauling
- Heavy hauling
- Construction debris removal
- Asphalt breaking
- Earth removal
- Concrete foundation removal
- Spa, shed & hot tub removal
- Bobcat services
- See all Demolition Services
- Yard cleanup
- Yard Work
- Garden maintenance
- New sod lawns
- Garage cleanouts
- Property cleanup
- Weed removal
- Recycle trash
- E-waste recycling
- See all Cleanup Services
Call for a Quote
We receive many phone calls every day from valuable customers who are looking for junk removal quotes. We always do our best to give our customers quotes on the phone. However, the most accurate way to get a junk removal price is to have a Fast Haul driver come to your home or business for a free estimate. We are always happy to provide these free estimates for you!
Note: All Fast Haul phone quotes are estimates only!
LOCALLY OWNED AND OPERATED
Our Hotline Numbers:
Since our founding in 1993, Fast Haul has always had a Green Business philosophy.
As one of the Bay Areas oldest junk removal & trash hauling companies, practicing recycling, re-use, and donation comes naturally. It makes our customers feel good as well as keeping costs down and reducing our landfills and dumps. We specialize in Green hauling services.
From Our Blog
A Look at Dump Costs Around the Bay Area
Comparing the Dump Costs at Transfer Stations in San Francisco, San Carlos & San Leandro
Landscaping and Yard Clean-up for Fire Prevention
It's been over three decades since a massive fire ripped through the Oakland hills, killing 25 people